Monday, November 26, 2012

Paleo for the Hypothetical Doomsday Scenario / New Workout

So let's say the December 21, 2012 something happens and the world doesn't come to an end, BUT in fact, we live but have to live on limited resources.  What to do?

Great Book.
I read a really good book while I was researching my past project.  It was called, Everything You Need to Know about Zombies and it was written by one of the most knowledgeable people on the subject, Matt Mogk

It's really not what you think it would be, nothing but useless zombie stuff, that will never come to pass.  On the contrary, while I was reading it, it served as an incredible guide for what to do in the event of a pandemic or natural disaster or anything that would make living on the planet a nightmare from the comfort we are used to and take for granted.

When and if this happens, your supermarkets are only stocked with 3 days worth of food for everyone in the community it serves, THAT'S IT.  (Thanks for the tidbit and your source Jenny).  What do you do?  Well for one thing, if Hurricane Sandy taught us anything, I'd steer clear of cities.  Sorry my New Yorkers, but the thought of being trapped on an island that closes all of its entrances during emergencies is a bit too much for me.

What do you do when the food runs out?  All your specialty foods that many of us are used to.  DONE, gone at least for the time being until a resolution or rebuilding of society would begin.  Marc Faber, a financial analyst and economist warned in 2009 the best advice he could give was buy a farm and a shotgun.  And he's talking about a financial catastrophe.  I'm just saying...I don't know how easy these predictions are to make as I don't avidly follow economic trends but it is absolutely scary.

I'm curious as to what you would do.  I'd love to hear-


On lighter news, I am starting a new level on my exercise program one is called, the OUTSIDER, the other is called the OUTCAST.  Which should I do.  Both look great, but I will do the first recommendation I get.

Cheers,

L

Lunch Today:
Teriyaki Salmon - 269 Cal.
Bok Choy             - 20 Cal.
Carrots                - 108 Cal.

No comments:

Post a Comment