Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Song of the Day - (No) Happy Ending

I just got back from a funeral that I was not looking forward to going to, only because it was a sudden loss and a young life.  I am at a personal place with life and death but everyone grieves differently, so it's hard to comfort when everyone has their own way, but this was a bit more close to home.

I think about death a lot, not to be morbid just because no matter how we get to that point, it is inevitable that we will.  I know that if I didn't wake up tomorrow or something happened I can say that I have done everything within my current means to be happy and fulfilled (can you say that?  If not than look into that.) BUT that doesn't mean there isn't more for me to do.

I've had this song in my head since last night.  I use to apply it as many people use songs, to identify with a break-up or a temporary someone leaving your life but yesterday I found a new and more constructive way to interpret it.  It fits well with one of the best things I heard this past weekend while watching "the Princess Bride" (Classis) "Death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for awhile."

Mika - Happy Ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment