Friday, July 22, 2011

Song of the Day - Naci Orishas

I have been talking to a German photographer friend who wants to go to Cuba and take pictures of Old Havana before Cuba becomes the next Puerto Rico, an island that looks exactly like the U.S. (no offense but it's true).  He gave me his concept and told me he didn't know a lot about the island and would need an interpreter as well as locals.  Well,  I started thinking about it and it didn't take long for me to come to the conclusion that I will be joining him.  Also 90% of my family still lives in Cuba so we're set for the locals.

This is a pretty big decision considering I really had my heart set on going with my father, but that douche went last year and didn't let me know.  He went with his mom, so I get it, but still I always envisioned going there with him and the family of course.  But I realize more and more that I will see more, have more freedom to wander around alone and get lost in thought.

I don't agree with the leadership of the island, but there are not too many things I agree with politically anyway as I've learned more and more through the years, but I'm over judging where I'm going based on whose in power.  I think it's time for me to go.

I found this CD in my car today and was playing the Orishas, they are a Cuban Rap group I started listening to when I was 20.  Their first CD is amazing; this is off their 3rd which is great as well, but it was such an interesting time in life when their first disc came out that I have nothing but good memories.  The songs that I would like to share off that album do not hav videos, but this video is a great idea of community that exist in households that I grew up in.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment