Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Song of the Day - T.H.E. (The Hardest Ever)




If anything else Will.I.Am definitely makes great music to work out to.  I remember when the Black Eyed Peas were struggling for air time:



Even this was a more mainstream, recruiting Macy Gray at her highest. But a 5 minute search for a BEP video prior to this one will prove to be futile, lol.  There's nothing wrong with that, but if there has ever been a group that should be proof of a formula that works for mainstream success; ditch the hardcore rap music, add a female (preferably a white girl who's borderline black), produce fun, mindless music with one or two songs with a message, add mindless and fun songs on your cd's ala "my humps," then pretty much ditch R&B altogether and make trance music.  It sounds simple but throughout you still have to be tenacious.

Anyhow, that's my perspective on BEP and Will.I.Am, I love what he does (except when he writes songs for presidents), but sometimes I listen to some of his lyrics and their are much more grandiose than some rappers out there "Kill you with my lyricals, call me verbal criminal."

Will.I.Am has now mastered the true essence of an artist and how; borrowing from different artistic platforms and incorporating them into a nice, new package.  In the song of the day, T.H.E, he begins the video running through a wall etc, etc, Fuerza Bruta.  Then he pretty much borrows Jennifer Lopez and Fergilizes her.

By far my favorite is his homage to 2001: A Space Odyssey:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou6JNQwPWE0

That and fucking Mick Jagger!  When I saw the video my first thought was yup, that's what space would look like-

So the lesson here is...Will.I.Am is so big now and his lyrics prove it, I feel like we should Occupy him.

No comments:

Post a Comment